Watermelon is one of the fruit with highest water content;that is why it’s very good for hydration. This watermelon feta mint salad is so fresh and delicious and perfect for hot summer days. You can also serve this salad as a side dish with BBQ’d or grilled food.
I bought this watermelon 2-3 days back and it was too big to eat plain. So I thought of making something really nice as I want to eat it fresh too. Making fruit salad was also an option but that is too boring and sweet as a lunch. So I made this watermelon feta mint salad which is a combination of sweet, salty and tart flavors.
I have also added some chopped olives, lemon juice, and red onions to make this “Greek style” salad; which has not only added twist but also enhanced the flavor and taste of this salad at the same time. Also, the addition of spices makes it more satisfying and refreshing. So try this amazing and fresh watermelon feta mint salad as fresh watermelon is not going to be available in the market for too long.
- 6 cups cubed watermelon.
- ⅓ cup red onions(thinly sliced).
- ¼ cup mint(finely chopped).
- 4-5 black olives (sliced).
- 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
- ¼ tsp black pepper (grounded).
- Take a large bowl and add olive oil, lemon juice, chopped mint, black pepper and sliced onions to it. Let stand for 5 mins.
- Now add watermelon, sliced olives, and feta, gently toss well to coat.
- Garnish with feta and fresh mint leaves, serve immediately.
Please leave a comment below or share your picture on Instagram,twitter, and Facebook with the hashtag #nfdrecipes.