Summer is the season of mangoes, and mango is one of the most versatile fruit which can be used in many delicacies from sweet to sour and as well in savory dishes. Indian meal is just incomplete without spicy, aromatic and flavorful chutneys or pickles. Mango chutney is one of the most common type of chutneys made in Indian summer season. There are many variations of mango chutney that varies from sweet to spicy to sour. Chutneys are not just good addition to meal but they are also good from health perspectives as they are rich in vitamins and minerals.
Today I am sharing the recipe of mango chutney made from sweet ripe mangoes. This is very quick recipe and it will really work well with grilled or BBQ dishes too. You can also use this sweet spicy chutney as a sandwich spread or have it with your favorite flat bread. If you are a big fan of Indian food then you can have it with paratha, rice-daal or even with Idli or dosa too. This chutney is so good that I can not stop myself having spoonfuls of this sweet and spicy mango chutney.
- 2½ cup mangoes (peeled and diced).
- 2 tbsp brown sugar(packed).
- ¼ tsp salt.
- 1 tsp crushed black pepper.
- ½ tsp paprika.
- 1 tsp garam masala powder.
- 1 tsp vinegar.
- 2 tbsp water.
- Take a sauce pan and add magoes, brown sugar and water to it. Mix well and cook on medium heat for 5-7 mins.
- Gently mash mangoes with back of wooden spoon. Cook till it reaches the consistency of jam.
- Add salt, garam masala powder, vinegar and black pepper, mix and cook for another 2-3 mins on low heat.
- Remove the chutney from the pan and let it cool, then store in airtight container or pickling jars.
Did you like this Sweet and Spicy Indian Mango Chutney recipe?
Please leave a comment below or share your picture on Instagram,twitter and Facebook with the hashtag #nfdrecipes.