This refreshing summer fruit farro salad can be perfect lunch option or you can serve it as an side-dish. This gorgeous salad is full of fresh ingredients, chewy and nutty farro and fruity mandarin orange vinaigrette.
Summer is finally in its full swing now it was raining here like cats and dogs last week, I love this warm weather but unfortunately this is not going to last for long. So it’s the best time to get the full benefits of fresh local produce. I was craving for something healthy and fresh today, so I made this healthy summer fruit farro salad. This salad is colorful and fresh that you will finish the entire bowl in no time.
The main ingredient of this gorgeous salad is farro, which is one of the healthiest ancient grain . It is hearty and nutty-tasting grain; with many nutritional benefits. Farro is excellent source of protein, minerals and dietary fiber. It goes perfectly with salads, soups and pilafs. Along-with farro I have added fresh fruits like mangoes, strawberry, avocado and also healthy baby kale. Tossed with fresh homemade mandarin orange, mustard and balsamic vinaigrette.
- ¾ cup precooked Italian farro (rinsed and drained).
- 1½ cups water.
- ½ tsp salt.
- 1 mango (peeled and cubed).
- ½ cup strawberries (chopped).
- 1 avocado (diced).
- 2 cups packed baby kale ( roughly chopped).
- 1 Mandarin orange.
- 2 tbsp olive oil.
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar.
- 3 tsp jalapeno ( seeded and minced).
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard.
- 2 tsp lime juice.
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- dash of salt.
- 2 tablespoon walnuts (chopped) (optional)
- Add water to small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in farro, return to boil; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer covered for 10-12 minutes. Remove from heat and drain. Let stand and covered for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and spread on baking sheet and let it cool.
- In a small bowl take the juice of half Mandarin orange and add olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, Dijon mustard, minced jalapeno, lime juice and Italian seasoning; mix well.
- Transfer farro to a large bowl, add mangoes, kale, strawberries and avocado and vinaigrette. Toss to coat, until well combined.
- Divide into serving bowls and garnish with mandarin oranges and walnuts. Serve immediately.
Store in air tight container in the refrigerator for up-to 2 days.
Did you like this Summer Fruit Farro Salad recipe?