Weekend afternoon is the perfect time for baking cookies when entire family can have them fresh; straight from the oven. I really like home made cookies especially chocolate chip cookies, overloaded with dark chocolate chips. There is only one problem with cookies that these are not the healthiest snack option. But these nutella chocolate chip cookies are a bit healthier than the regular chocolate chip cookies made with butter. As I have used olive oil instead of butter.
I prefer to use olive oil or coconut oil instead of butter in baking. But this time I thought of using combination of Nutella and olive oil as I was craving for chocolate. Nutella is one of my favorite spread and I can eat it everyday if I want too; but I can’t because of sugar and fats. I try to avoid refined sugar but sugar is one of the main ingredient of nutella (11g/tbsp) .
So, I am substituting nutella for half of the sugar and butter here. My cookies are more chocolaty because of nutella along-with the subtle taste of hazelnuts. The best thing is that these nutella chocolate chip cookies will be ready in 20-25 minutes. I am sure you can not avoid them at all and these are so addictive that you will crave for more. But you can have one more as these are a bit overloaded with chocolate flavor but not nutella.
These Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies are best when served a bit warm.
- 1 cup all purpose flour.
- 1 cup quick cooking oats.
- ¼ tsp baking soda.
- 1 tsp baking powder.
- ¼ cup nutella.
- ¼ cup olive oil.
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar.
- ½ cup dark chocolate chip cookies.
- Preheat your oven to 350º F and lightly grease a cookie sheet.
- In a large bowl cream nutella, olive, egg and brown sugar.
- In another bowl combine flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda and mix them.
- Combine all the wet ingredients with dry ingredients gradually.
- Gently fold the chocolate chips into the cookie dough.
- Scoop the dough onto the prepared cookie sheet using a medium cookie scoop.
- Bake at 350º F for 12-14 mins.
- Remove cookies from cookie sheet on to the wire rack to cool.
- Serve warm and store cookies in airtight container.