I use chia seeds regularly; I love to sprinkle them on my yogurt or smoothies; and generally keep few teaspoon soaked in water in my refrigerator which can be added to salads and fruit bowls. Chia seed can be a great breakfast or dessert option when mixed with certain type of foods.
I like mangoes a lot; I still miss those summers when we used to collect baskets full of mangoes and use them for making jams, jellies, pickles, chutneys and desserts. So when I bought my first box of mangoes this season here in Canada I decided to eat them in the best possible way.
As mango is one of my favorite tropical fruit including papaya; it’s also rich in vitamins and minerals so it’s of-course it’s good for my toddler too. There is only one drawback of mango that it’s high in sugar, so I try to mix it with other foods which are somewhat neutral in taste and high in fats and proteins. Mango Chia Seed Pudding is perfect recipe in order to get balanced nutrients without overpowering the sweetness of mango but retaining its juicy taste.
- 1 Mango diced.
- 1½ cup almond milk.
- ¼ cup chia seeds.
- 2 tsp honey ( or more to taste).
- ½ tsp green cardamom powder.
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder.
- Add milk, honey, green cardamom powder, cinnamon and mango to the blender; blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into bowl and add chia seeds; mix well.
- Cover and let it sit in the refrigerator overnight or for at least for 4-5 hours; stirring occasionally.
- Serve chilled with fresh mangoes or your favorite fruit and nuts.
- Prep time does not include chilling time.
- Recipe partially adapted from Pop Sugar.