Today I am sharing my lemon blueberry muffins recipe and of course, these muffins are healthier too. I have tried so many blueberry muffin recipes with or without eggs and this one is the best. These muffins turned out so light and flavorful although I have used whole wheat flour and baked them without eggs.
Lemon zest and yogurt are enhancing flavor and making these muffins so light and fluffy respectively. I have used fresh blueberries as these are in the season and I love adding fresh blueberries in my baked goods. But you can also use frozen or dried blueberries too. Even you can add other seasonal fruits for variation.
- ¼ cup coconut oil or unsalted butter.
- ⅓ cup brown sugar.
- ¾ cup fat-free yogurt.
- ½ tsp grated lemon zest.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour.
- ½ cup rolled or quick cooking oats.
- 1 tsp baking powder.
- ½ tsp baking soda.
- ⅛ tsp salt.
- ¾ cup blueberries (fresh/frozen).
- Preheat your oven to 375° F, line muffin pan with cups or grease with nonstick cooking spray. Keep it aside.
- In a medium bowl mix unsalted butter and sugar, whisk until light and creamy.
- In a separate bowl combine dry ingredients i.e. whole wheat flour, oats, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- Add lemon zest and yogurt to sugar and butter mixture, mix to combine.
- Add dry ingredients mix to the wet ingredients bowl, mix well until combined.
- Coat the blueberries with flour and gently fold into the batter.
- Fill the muffin pan with the batter, each cup should be about ¾ full. Bake for 25-30 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Remove from oven and let them cool for 5 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
You can adjust the sugar depending upon the level of sweetness you want.