So most of you know that I love making smoothies , especially the one without addition of any sweetener as I believe fruits are sweet enough to make my smoothies sweet and yummy. I like fruit and veggie mix for smoothies, but weekend smoothies are a kind of special treat; when I can spend some more time on making this liquid goodness. This layered smoothie recipe is quite simple; just fruits and spinach blended with some filtered water.
The best part about smoothies is that they are perfect for breakfast and snacks and trust me they keep me full for longer time. Also they are great substitute for unhealthy sugary treats. This layered smoothie is made up of two layers first layer is of fresh pineapple and strawberries and second is of spinach and banana. I have used all fresh ingredients this time as it was kind of gloomy here and I was not feeling like to have something cold. But you can substitute these fresh ingredients with frozen; whatever is on hand.
You might be confused that how I was able separate two layers of smoothies diagonally? The answer is simple the two layers were thick enough and I used a spoon to guide while pouring the top layer; but even if you pour it directly but gently they are not going to mix. Now let’s move straight to the recipe of this gorgeous layered smoothie. Blend it and enjoy.
- 1½ cups pineapple cubed.
- 1 cup strawberries.
- 2 medium bananas(sliced).
- 1½ cups packed baby spinach.
- 1 cup filtered water.
- shredded coconut (optional).
- chia seeds (optional).
- For first layer add pineapple, strawberry, 1 banana and ½ cup filtered water to the blender and blend until smooth. Pour this smoothie to the glasses.
- For second layer add spinach, 1 banana and ½ cup filtered water to the blender and blend until smooth. Pour on the top of previous pineapple strawberry smoothie part.
- Garnish with shredded coconut and chia seeds.