Zucchini is now in season and I like using seasonal vegetables in my recipes. The best part about seasonal vegetables is that they are always fresh and affordable. It is quite easy to incorporate zucchini in stir-fries or in other vegetable recipes; but if anyone is looking to add this seasonal vegetable into breakfast then muffins are a great alternative. We had Farmer’s Market Morning Glory muffins few weeks back and I love the combination of carrots, coconut, walnut and fruits in them. But I love baking muffins at home as they are fresh and healthy at-least I know what ingredients I am using. So I thought of using whole wheat, rolled oats, brown sugar, zucchini and coconut for my healthy zucchini coconut muffins.
These muffins are full of fresh shredded zucchini and little coconut which is making them light and fragrant respectively. They are healthier as I have not used usual ingredients like all purpose flour,egg and butter and made them with whole wheat flour,oats, yogurt and olive oil.
So try this zucchini coconut muffin recipe; I think you and your family are going to love these soft, lightly sweetened healthy zucchini coconut muffins.
- 1 cup finely grated zucchini
- ½ cup plain yogurt.
- ¼ cup pure olive oil.
- ¼ cup milk.
- 2 tsp lemon zest.
- ¼ cup brown sugar.
- 1 tsp cardamom powder.
- 3 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour.
- ½ cup rolled oats.
- 1 tsp baking powder.
- ¼ tsp salt.
- Preheat your oven to 350° F, line muffin pan with cups or grease with non stick cooking spray. Keep it aside.
- Take a medium bowl and add yogurt, olive oil, milk, brown sugar, zucchini, lemon zest, cardamom powder and coconut into it, mix well.
- Mix flour, oats, baking powder and salt in another bowl.
- Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients mix slowly until combined.
- Fill the muffin pan with batter. Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of muffin comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let the muffins cool in the pan for 5 minutes and then carefully transfer muffins to the wire rack.
- Serve warm drizzled with little honey, butter or your favorite fruit spread.
Did you like this Healthy Zucchini Coconut Muffins recipe?
Please leave a comment below or share your picture on Instagram,twitter and Facebook with the hashtag #nfdrecipes.