This healthy almond butter blueberry crisp is a perfect summer dessert option for two people, made from fresh blueberries, strawberries, almond butter and oats topping. This is so light that if you want to then, you can serve it also as an breakfast. If you are looking for a healthy dessert option for hot weather; the dessert which is not too sweet then this healthy almond butter blueberry crisp can be your best choice.
I got 2 lb blueberries last week and used them for smoothies, oatmeal and served them with yogurt to my little one, but I was still left with 1/3rd of the box and I need to use them soon. So I opted for this healthy dessert option, bursting with berry and almond flavor. I use portion size because I don’t like leftovers occupying space in my fridge, also fresh food tastes better most of the times with few exceptions.
Blueberries are also my first fruit choice in baked goods. Also, as I am trying to increase plant-based ingredients in my diet so I opted for almond butter in this blueberry crisp. Almond butter is healthier than regular butter and with the addition of oats this dessert is protein and fiber packed. That means there will be no midnight snacking. So enjoy this equally portioned healthy almond butter blueberry crisp as a dessert which is going to be ready in no time.
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh).
- 2- 3 strawberries( fresh, hulled and chopped).
- 1 tsp coconut sugar.
- 3 tsp instant tapioca.
- 2 tbsp whole wheat flour.
- ¼ cup rolled oats.
- 1 tbsp brown sugar.
- 3 tsp almond butter.
- Preheat your oven to 350° F .
- In a small bowl combine blueberries, strawberries, instant tapioca and coconut sugar. Divide the mixture into two ramekin bowls. Set aside ramekins on a rimmed baking sheet.
- In another bowl combine wheat flour, almond butter, rolled oats and brown sugar, mix well until mixture looks crumbly.
- Sprinkle the crumble on berry mixture.
- Bake for 25- 30 minutes or until berries starts bubbling and topping gets golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and serve hot or warm.
Please leave a comment below or share your picture on Instagram,twitter and Facebook with the hashtag #nfdrecipes.