Hey! it’s summer time; farmer markets and local grocery stores are filled with fresh produce and now it’s the best time to make summer salads. So I made this gorgeous summer salad this afternoon. This garden veggie quinoa salad can be perfect addition to summer dinners or you can have it as a lunch. This salad is filled with the goodness of quinoa an excellent source of protein, fiber, iron , magnesium and vitamin B2. If you want to know more about this superfood then just check this amazing article about health benefits of quinoa. In addition to this wonderful supergrain there are fresh veggies in this salad which adds color,crunch and more nutrients to this lovely salad.
This salad was so good that even my toddler liked it, he generally like fruit or veggie salads but doesn’t like quinoa yet. The best part about this salad is that you can toss it in few minutes if you have cooked quinoa on hand in your refrigerator.
This garden veggie quinoa salad is a perfect salad option for summer parties as it’s filling as well as you can easily make it for a large group. Also you can mix vinaigrette to quinoa early in order to make it more flavorful. Now let’s jump straight to the recipe.
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil.
- 3 tbsp lemon juice.
- ½ tsp grated lemon zest.
- 1 tsp agave nectar.
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard.
- ¼ tsp salt.
- pinch cayenne pepper.
- ½ cup quinoa
- 3 cups packed baby spinach.
- ½ cup cherry or grape tomatoes(halved)
- ½ small avocado diced.
- 1 mini cucumber diced.
- ½ orange or red bell pepper diced.
- In a large bowl whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, agave nectar, lemon zest, Dijon mustard salt and pepper. Store in fridge until ready to use. ( Make ahead: Refrigerate in air tight container for up to 3 days, mix well before serving.)
- Cook the quinoa as per package instructions, drain excess water and spread cooked quinoa on cookie sheet and let it cool.
- Chop baby spinach roughly.
- Take a large bowl and add quinoa and dressing; toss them gently to coat.
- Add spinach, tomatoes, cucumber, peppers and avocado mix gently.
- Serve cool.
Did you like this Garden Veggie Quinoa Salad recipe?
Please leave a comment below or share your picture on Instagram,twitter and Facebook with the hashtag #nfdrecipes.
See larger image