I love Moroccan food may be because it is generally flavored with similar spices that are used in Indian cooking. Couscous is one of my favorite Moroccan food option that is available all around the world. I use couscous equally in sweet as well as savory recipes. But this easy couscous veggies salad is one of our family favorite savory, tangy and sweet lunch option. This salad is packed with goodness of grains, crunchy vegetables and fruits.
Couscous veggie salad is perfect side dish for summer dinner and it can easily be packed for picnics or BBQ. You can serve it warm, cold or at room temperature. It can be served as it’s own or paired with grilled meat or veggies. This salad is healthy and nutritious option for toddler and kids lunch boxes or you can serve it as dinner to them.
- ½ cup couscous.
- 1 cup hot water.
- 5-6 cherry tomatoes (sliced).
- ¾ cup sweet corns (cooked or canned).
- 1 cup cucumber(chopped).
- ¼ cup blueberries.
- 3 tbsp salsa.
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil.
- 2 tbsp cilantro.(chopped).
- 2 tsp spice and herb mix.
- 2 tbsp raisins(chopped).
- dash of salt.
- Put the couscous into a large bowl add salt and hot water. Cover and leave to soak for 10 mins.
- In the meantime prepare all the vegetables and add them to another ball. Add olive oil, spice mix, blueberries and raisins to it.
- Use a fork to fluff up the couscous and add salsa to it, mix well and leave for 2-3 minutes. Add vegetable mix, cilantro to it. Toss, taste and adjust salt and seasoning.
- Serve warm, cold or at room temperature.
Did you like this quick and easy couscous veggie recipe?
Please leave a comment below or share your picture on social networks with the hashtag #nfdrecipes.