So spring is finally here in Alberta, so is my obsession for berries. I love all sort of berries and no one can stop me adding them in smoothies, muffins, desserts, shakes and yoghurt. If you have a sweet tooth like me and you are ready to indulge in something sweet but not unhealthy then this beet berry smoothie is a perfect choice without the use of any artificial sweetener .
I know that you are aware of endless options and now let’s jump straight to the point. Although you can make this smoothie all year around with frozen or canned ingredients but nothing can beat the fresh ones. I personally prefer to use the combination of fresh and frozen so that I can avoid ice.
This beet berry smoothie is definitely a go to drink as it’s packed with nutrients. Also, who can avoid this pretty purple drink? Don’t you think so?
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk.
- 1 medium banana.
- ½ cup strawberries(fresh/frozen).
- ½ cup mixed berries(blueberry, blackberry, raspberry).
- 1 medium beet (washed, peeled and roughly sliced).
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds.
- Add beets, banana, berries to the blender with 1 cup of almond milk, blend for 30 seconds.
- Add 1 more cup of almond milk and blend until smooth.
- Pour smoothies into glasses and sprinkle chia seeds on top.
If you don’t have the high-speed blender then you can use steamed or grated beets.
Please leave a comment below or share your picture on Instagram, twitter, google plus and Facebook with the hashtag #nfdrecipes.
See larger image