Smoothies are one of my must have breakfast option now. I’ve been drinking smoothies for breakfast or snacks for about 4 years now. I must admit that I have lost most of my post pregnancy weight because of healthy fruit and vegetable smoothies. I have never ever added any form of refined sugar to my smoothies or green smoothie bowl recipes. But I love to add natural sweeteners like honey, dates or agave nectar if I want to make them a little sweeter. Otherwise I am completely okay without sweeteners as fruits are enough sweet.
Although I love many combination of fruits, veggies, nut milk, regular milk, yogurt and oatmeal for smoothies; but I crave for green smoothies more than any other type. Trust me you’ll also crave for them once you fix a smoothie routine. This Green smoothie bowl is perfect breakfast option loaded with my favorite fruit and baby spinach.
But make sure not to go for more than one smoothie in a day as it’s healthy; but sometime they may contains loads of natural sugar and excess of even that is not good. Green smoothies are good for adults as well as kids and my little one absolutely love them too.
You crave for them but you’ll not crave for any other unhealthy things after having green smoothie bowl and you will feel satisfied for hours after having them. You can also add your favorite protein powder, nut butters to your green smoothies; if you want to make them more nutritious. Don’t worry I am not going to elaborate the benefits of drinking green smoothies. Let’s jump straight to this green smoothie bowl recipe.
- 2 medium organic banana (sliced and frozen).
- 4 cups packed baby spinach (organic if possible)
- ½ medium avocado.
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk.
- 4 strawberries (sliced).
- ½ kiwi (sliced).
- ¼ cup blueberries.
- 1 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut.
- 5-6 raw almonds (sliced).
- 1 tbsp chia seeds.
- Add banana, avocado, almond milk and spinach to the blender and blend until creamy and smooth.
- Taste and add more banana for sweetness or milk for thinner consistency if required.
- Pour the smoothie in to serving bowls and top with strawberries, blueberries, kiwi, chia seeds, shredded coconut and sliced almonds.
- Serve immediately, leftovers can be kept covered in refrigerator for up-to 24 hours.
Did you like this Avocado Spinach Green Smoothie Bowl recipe?
Please leave a comment below or share your picture on Instagram,twitter and Facebook with the hashtag #nfdrecipes.