Avocados are the perfect topping for spicy and tangy Mexican food as it balances the flavors of food quite well. Avocados can be used in preparation of salsa, salads and dressings as well. They are high in calories but they are quite nutrient dense especially good for babies and kids. I like this particular avocado cilantro lemon dressing because it goes pretty well with Mexican as well as with Indian tandoori delicacies and other savory snacks.
I like Mexican food because most of the Mexican dishes are full of flavor and taste. Especially homemade quesadillas, burritos, nachos and tacos; but they are incomplete without a nice dipping sauce or zesty dressing on the top.
If I want to serve this avocado cilantro lemon dressing as an dipping than I’ll use it as it is; otherwise if I want to use it as sauce then I’ll simply add more water to obtain desired consistency. I am adding honey to the dressing because it enhances flavors naturally but you can replace honey with any sweetener of your choice. Also adjust jalapenos according to the level of heat you want.
- 1 large ripe avocado.
- 1½ cup fresh cilantro.
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil.
- ½ jalapeño chopped.
- 2 cloves garlic.
- 1 lemon juiced.
- ¼ tsp kosher salt.
- 1 tbsp honey or sweetener of your choice
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar.
- ½ cup water.
- Add garlic, oil, avocado, cilantro, jalepeno and ¼ cup of water to the blender and blend until smooth.
- Now add in the lemon juice and apple cider vinegar.
- Add salt and honey to taste and blend until creamy.
- Taste the dressing and add more water for runny consistency.
- Store in airtight container and in refrigerator.
- Use within 4-5 days.